Effective from 25/03/2023 (view [previous versions])
If you subscribe to our platform, you’ll be asked to tick a box confirming that you accept these terms.
We know this stuff isn’t much fun (you could be commanding unicorns to jump over rainbows with your voice right now!) but we think they’re pretty clear and easy to understand and you really should read them as they’re important and create a legally binding agreement between Anything World Limited (registered in England and Wales under company number 11379076) (we/our) and the person or organisation named during the subscription process (you/your).
If you don’t agree with anything in these terms, the good news is that they’re our don’t-accept-if-you-don’t-agree™ Terms of Service! Of course, if you don’t accept these terms, you won’t be able to access or use our platform (which would be more than a little bit sad for you).
Got questions? Email us at email@example.com and we’ll do our best to answer them!
Subscribing to our platform
- Our agreement with you: A legally binding agreement is created between us when you accept these terms during the subscription process. If you work on behalf of another person or organisation, you promise that you’ve obtained their permission to enter into this agreement on their behalf.
- Changes to these terms: We may amend these terms at any time without notice where required by law and on giving you at least 30 days’ notice in any other case. If you continue using our platform after the effective date of those changes as specified in the notice, we’ll treat this as your acceptance of those changes.
- Age restrictions: You need to be at least 13 years of age to subscribe for the free subscription tier and at least 18 years of age to subscribe for a paid subscription tier.
- Eligibility criteria: By choosing a subscription tier, you promise that you’re eligible for that tier based on the eligibility criteria and agree to provide us with any evidence we may reasonably ask you to provide to confirm your eligibility. If you refuse to do so and we believe that you’ve misled us, we may suspend or terminate your access to our platform immediately on notice.
- Duration of subscriptions: Subscriptions currently operate on a rolling monthly basis. This means that your subscription will continue automatically from one month to the next until you cancel your subscription from within your account, in which case the API key provided to you will be disabled at the end of the current month. Sometimes we can terminate your subscription earlier, as described in these terms.
Using our platform
- Minimum requirements: If your set-up doesn’t meet the minimum requirements, you’re going to be super disappointed and we wouldn’t want that! So be sure to check that you meet them before subscribing.
- Changes to our platform: We may make changes to our platform, content and functionality at any time. Where those changes may affect the way you use our platform or what you can do with it, we’ll give you at least 30 days’ notice of such changes.
- Your API key: When you subscribe, you’ll be provided with a unique API key which needs to be added to the settings file included in the Anything World package. You agree that you won’t share this key with anyone except someone that you’ve assigned a seat to (see below). If you share the API key with someone you shouldn’t, or we believe that your API key has become compromised, we may suspend or terminate your access to our platform and will give you reasonable prior notice of this if we consider appropriate.
- Restrictions on using our platform: Except to the extent permitted by law, you must not (or allow or encourage anyone else to):
- permit any use of our platform by any third party in any way;
- combine, merge or permit our platform to become incorporated into any other application, program or service, or arrange or create derivative works based on our platform; or
- access or use our platform to develop or support any products or services in competition with our platform.
- We may suspend or terminate your access to our platform if we know or reasonably suspect that you have breached these restrictions.
- Keep it lawful: You must only use our platform for lawful purposes. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to fully reimburse us (including our agents, employees and officers) for any kind of damages or losses (including costs, expenses, fines and penalties) that we may incur as a result of any third party alleging that your use of our platform or anything created using our platform is unlawful or infringes any of their rights. We may suspend or terminate your access to our platform if we know or reasonably suspect that you are not using our platform for lawful purposes.
Pricing and payment
- Pricing: You can find out more about our subscription tiers and prices on the pricing page (no surprises there). It’s possible that we may change our prices or the basis on which we offer our subscription tiers, in which case we’ll give you at least 30 days’ notice of such changes. If you continue using our platform after the effective date of those changes as specified in the notice, we’ll treat this as your acceptance of those changes.
- Seats: When we refer to a seat, this means a single user licence that’s assigned to a named person. You can assign seats to specific individuals within your account. You can’t exceed the number of seats within your plan, but you can upgrade to the next subscription tier if required.
- Taxes: All our prices exclude UK value added tax or sales tax at the applicable rate. We may change our prices at any time, but those changes won’t affect any current subscriptions.
- Payment: We use Stripe to process payments and other transactions for you, which may be subject to additional terms and conditions. Stripe is operated by Stripe Payments Europe, Ltd and its affiliates. It’s important that you provide us with correct and up-to-date payment details otherwise we may not be able to process payments and your access to our platform may be suspended or terminated on notice.
Intellectual property rights
- Meaning of intellectual property rights: When we refer to intellectual property rights we mean copyright and all other rights in the nature of intellectual property rights, whether registered or unregistered, including all applications and rights to apply for and be granted, renewals or extensions of, and rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which exist now or in the future in any part of the world.
- Ownership of static models: All intellectual property rights in the static models made available through our platform belong to their creators. It’s your responsibility to ensure that your particular use of static models is consistent with the terms of those licences (including any attribution requirements), particularly before you incorporate them into any game, product or project. We don’t accept liability for any claim by a third party that your use of any static models infringes their intellectual property rights.
- Ownership of your creations: At least between you and us, all intellectual property rights in anything you create in combination with the Anything World Assets through our platform (Your Creations) will belong to you. You grant us a royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive and non-transferable licence to access and use Your Creations only as necessary to provide our platform to you.
- Ownership of Anything World Assets: All intellectual property rights in and to our platform, including but not limited to all aspects of the supporting server and client side source code, animation and behavioural systems and natural language integrations and the Anything World Assets, belong to us. Subject to you continuing to pay the subscription fees and complying with these terms, we grant you a royalty-free , worldwide, non-exclusive and non-transferable licence to access and use our platform and to copy, use and modify the Anything World Assets for any purpose.
- Restrictions on use of our platform: Except as permitted by law, you must not (or allow or encourage anyone else to) attempt to decompile, disassemble, modify, reverse engineer, study the functioning of or reduce to human readable form our platform or the Anything World Assets(in whole or part) that is not already provided in human readable form. We may suspend or terminate your access to our platform if we know or reasonably suspect that you have breached these restrictions.
- Attribution of Anything World: If you distribute, display, modify or build upon Your Creations, you must ensure that Your Creations reasonably attribute Anything World (for example by including the attribution ‘Animated by Anything World’). If you can also include a link to our website in any credits, we’d also appreciate that!
- Complying with the terms of other platforms: You must ensure that you comply with the terms and conditions of any other platforms through which you access and use our platform.
Our liability to you
- No representations or warranties: Our platform and the Anything World Assets are provided to you on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We don’t make any representations or warranties of any kind that our platform or the Anything World Assets will operate uninterrupted or error-free or that they will be suitable for any purposes, even if we know or should know what those purposes might be.
- Restrictions on our liability: The restrictions on our liability set out in this paragraph apply to all liability arising under or in connection with this agreement including liability in contract, tort (including negligence), misrepresentation, restitution or any other legal theory.
- Things we don’t accept liability for: In addition to anything else that we don’t accept liability for under these terms, we don’t accept any liability for loss of profits, loss of sales or business, loss of agreements or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of or damage to goodwill or indirect or consequential loss.
- Cap on our liability: Our total liability to you won’t exceed the lower of $5,000 USD or the subscription fees paid by you in the 12 month period before the date on which you became aware, or should reasonably have become aware, of any breach having occurred.
- Notice of claims: Unless you notify us that you intend to bring any claim against us within a period of one year from the date on which you became aware, or should reasonably have become aware, of any breach having occurred, we will have no liability for such claim. Any claims must be notified to us in writing identifying the breach and the grounds for your claim in reasonable detail.
Other important stuff
- Even if we delay in enforcing this agreement, we can enforce it later: If we don’t immediately insist that you do anything you’re required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of any breach of this agreement, that doesn’t mean that you don’t have to do those things and it won’t stop us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we don’t chase you but continue to provide you with access to our platform, we can still require you to make the payment later.
- If a court finds part of this agreement illegal, the rest will continue in force: Each paragraph of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain fully effective.
- This party is for the parties only: This agreement is between you and us. No-one else has the right to enforce its terms.
- We can transfer this agreement to someone else: We may transfer this agreement to someone else, for example, if we sell our business and we’ll let you know if this happens. You can only transfer your rights or obligations to someone else if we agree to this.
- Laws that apply to this agreement and where proceedings may be brought: This agreement is governed by English law. We both agree that legal proceedings can only be brought against each other in the English courts. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to this agreement.